OLIVIER BORDE TALKS

WHEN YOU START TO DESIGN CLOTHES?
Well it all starts with a story of an imaginary man.We define with the team his personnality, entourage and is life. Then colors ,fabrics and volumes are selected and i start doing some samples myself .I don t do sketch so much and prefer working straight on the cut and fabrics. I like to approach working in the same way as I would if I was cooking, which means I have all the supplies and start mixing things together until I get to the point and I find the right balance for the garment.the silhouette .

WHATS YOUR REFERENCES?
David Hockney, Larry Clark, Rei Kawakubo, my Grandfather, Monsieur St Laurent,Charles Bukowski and Richard Avedon.

WHATS IS INSPIRING YOU NOW?
Les Rita Mitsouko (French band) , the Amish, middle age , JT Leroy and farmers.

WHO IS YOUR ICON?
My Grand father. He was a very elegant and smart man , in a easy and simple way.
WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE MALE MODELS? Right now i really love Ash and Jethro Cave cause they have this rough beauty and also this rebelious teenage attitude.

WHAT'S THE PERFECT SOUNDTRACK FOR YOUR COLLECTIONS?
Tom Waits - I Don't Want To Grow Up